Aerial Robotics, Motion Planning and Control, Trajectory Optimization, Applied Convex Optimization, Quadrotor Autonomous Navigation, Swarm, Autonomous Driving.
- Optimization-based online motion planning and trajectory generation in cluttered static environments for aerial and ground robots.
- Swarm behavior and optimal solution for heterogeneous quadrotor teams.
- Autonomous navigation and laser-based SLAM on aerial vehicles.
- Autonomous aerial videography using quadrotor.
- UAV-UGV collaborative exploration, mapping, and pathfinding for search and rescue applications (leading undergraduate project).
Online Quadrotor Trajectory Generation and Autonomous Navigation on Point Clouds, Fei Gao and Shaojie Shen, 2016 IEEE International Symposium on Safety, Security, and Rescue Robotics (SSRR 2016), Best Conference Paper Award.
Quadrotor trajectory generation in dynamic environments using semi-definite relaxation on nonconvex QCQP, Fei Gao and Shaojie Shen, 2017 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2017).
Real-time Monocular Dense Mapping on Aerial Robots Using Visual-Inertial Fusion, Zhenfei Yang, Fei Gao, and Shaojie Shen, 2017 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2017).
Gradient-Based Online Safe Trajectory Generation for Quadrotor Flight in Complex Environments, Fei Gao, Yi Lin and Shaojie Shen, 2017 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2017).
Autonomous Aerial Navigation Using Monocular Visual-Inertial Fusion, Yi Lin*, Fei Gao*, Tong Qin*, Wenliang Gao*, Tianbo Liu, William Wu, Zhenfei Yang and Shaojie Shen, ( * for equal contribution ), 2017 Journal of Field Robotics (JFR).
Collaborative Air-Ground Target Searching in Complex Environments, Changsheng Shen, Yuanzhao Zhang, Zimo Li, Fei Gao and Shaojie Shen, 2017 Symposium on Safety, Security, and Rescue Robotics (SSRR 2017).
Supplement Video (Published)
- Quadrotor Motion Planning Directly on Point Clouds
- Point Clouds Planer Applied on a Monocular Dense Mapping System
- Motion Planning in Dynamical Environments Using Semidefinite Relaxation on Nonconvex QCQP
- Gradient-based Online Quadrotor Safe Trajectory Planning in Complex 3D Environments
- Autonomous Aerial Navigation Using Monocular Visual-Inertial Fusion
- UAV-UGV collaborative exploration, mapping, and pathfinding ( UG students project, in progress, HKUST students interested in this project can contact me )
Supplement Video (Under Review)
- Online Safe Trajectory Generation For Quadrotors Using Fast Marching Method and Bernstein Basis Polynomial (Submitted to ICRA 2018)
- ACT: An Autonomous Drone Cinematography System for Action Scenes (Submitted to ICRA 2018, collaboration with UCSB Learning-Based Multimedia Lab)
Teaching Assistant at:
- ELEC 1110: Introduction to Electro-Robot Design (Under-Graduate/2016 Spring)
- ELEC 6910P: Introduction to Aerial Robotics (Post-Graduate/2016 Fall)
- ELEC 1110: Introduction to Electro-Robot Design (Under-Graduate/2017 Spring)